B. Ronan Johnson
B. RONAN JOHNSON is an associate in the Indianapolis office of Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, where he is a member of the firm's Business and Finance group. He represents private equity funds, large multi-national corporations and closely-held and family-owned businesses in complex transactions involving mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations. Ronan also advises growth stage and mature companies in connection with securing debt and equity financing and counsels business clients on general corporate matters.
Honors and Recognition
- Indianapolis Business Journal's Forty Under 40 Honoree (2016).
- Indiana Lawyer's Leadership in Law - Up and Coming Lawyer Honoree (2016).
- Selected as a finalist for Indy’s Best and Brightest Awards (2015 and 2016).
- Selected as the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Young Lawyer of the Year (2014).
- Selected as the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Leader of the Quarter (Spring 2014).
- Represented purchaser in the transaction the Indiana chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth awarded as the “2013 Deal of the Year.”
- Represented seller in the transaction the New York chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth awarded as the “2013 M&A Deal of the Year ($50mm to $100mm).”
Notable Representative Matters
- Represented aviation company on an innovative multimillion dollar supply agreement.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a leading provider of right of way and land management services.
- Represented local HVAC provider in its purchase of substantially all of the assets of a complementary local business.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a leading provider of marketing and sales messaging, tools and training products.
- Represented the number one supplier of performance-upgrade aftermarket brake products in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a distributor of replacement windshields, glass, windows and awnings for RVs, heavy trucks and specialty vehicles.
- Represented portfolio company of private equity fund in the add-on acquisition of a communications company specializing in marketing and sales enablement content.
- Represented local manufacturer of point-of-care diagnostic products in its acquisition of the assets of a business unit of a large international company.
- Represented private equity fund in the sale of a leading distributor and manufacturer of medical and surgical devices.
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member, 2011-present):
- Business Law Section Executive Committee (Member, 2016-present).
- Bar Leader Series Steering Committee (Member, 2015-present).
- Board of Directors (Member, 2014).
- Young Lawyer’s Division (Member of Executive Committee, 2012-2015; Past-Chair, 2015; Chair, 2014; Vice-Chair – Legal Education, 2013).
- Bar Leader Series XII (Graduate, 2014-2015).
- Creator and organizer of “Intro to Indy” Series.
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG – Indianapolis Chapter) (Member, 2012-present).
- Venture Club of Indianapolis, Spotlight Presenter Committee (Member, 2014).
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Indianapolis (Member of Board of Directors and Member of Program Committee, 2016-present).
- Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana (Member of Board of Directors, Member of Strategic Planning Committee and Delivery Volunteer, 2012-present).
- United Way of Central Indiana:
- Tocqueville Society & Emerging Leaders Mentor Program (Mentee, 2013-2017).
- Emerging Leaders (Member, 2013-2017; Member of Steering Committee, 2015-2017; Co-Chair Ambassador Committee, 2016).
- Leadership United Generation Now Leadership Program (Graduate, 2011-2012).
- Leadership Indianapolis (Member of President's Council, 2015-present; Member of Get on Board Committee, 2014; Participant in Opportunity Indianapolis Program, Spring 2014).
- Penrod Society (Member and Arts Fair Volunteer, 2013-present; Chair Signage and Programs, 2016; Co-Chair Communications, 2015; Evening with Penrod at the IMA Committee, 2014).
- Charles A. Tindley Accelerated Schools – Trailblazer Organizing Committee (Member, 2015-2016).
- Methodist Health Foundation’s Inspiring Leaders Program (Graduate, 2014).
Ronan graduated from the University of California at San Diego with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. He earned his J.D. from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, where he served as an associate editor of the Journal of Law & Policy. Prior to joining the firm, he was an associate for the Los Angeles office of a large international law firm and worked as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles’ Eviction Defense Center. Prior to law school, Ronan worked in management and outside sales for a Fortune 1000 company.
|In the News | News Releases | Upcoming Events | Subscribe|
|In the News|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|