Andrew J. Art
ANDREW J. ART’s practice is focused on representing clients in all aspects of probate, estate planning and related civil litigation. His services extend to adoptions, guardianships, administration of trusts and decedent’s estates, will contests, involuntary commitments, and federal and Ohio estate taxation.
As a former General Referee (Magistrate) of the Franklin County Probate Court for Hon. Richard B. Metcalf, Andrew gained experience handling all types of cases subject to the general jurisdiction of the Ohio Probate Code. Presently, Andrew acts as a Special Magistrate for the Hon. Robert G. Montgomery with exclusive jurisdiction to hear civil commitment proceedings, and has served in such capacity under the Hon. Lawrence A. Belskis, Hon. Thomas E. Louden, Hon. Eric Brown, and Hon. Alan S. Acker.
- Regularly involved in problem solving for family disputes/litigation involving elder clients, their assets and family.
- Handles estates and estate tax returns for modest up to multi-million dollar estates.
- Closely involved with guardianship cases all over the state of Ohio both as Guardian and representing guardians and related litigation.
Achievements and Awards
- AV Peer Review (Preeminent) Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Memberships and Community Service
- Columbus Bar Association, Bar Admissions Committee
- Ohio Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Committee
- Franklin County, Ohio Probate Court - Current Special Magistrate and Former General Referee
Speeches and Publications
- “Failing to Plan Can Cost You” Columbus Business First, March 23, 2007
- Presenter for various probate law lectures on general estate plan issues, advance directives and health care issues, etc.
- Contributor to publications on probate law updates and current issues
- Author: “Estate Planning: Be Careful What You Ask For” CWS Newsletter, Vol. 3, 2008
|Law Updates | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|