Eugene B. Lewis
EUGENE B. LEWIS routinely represents clients in complex domestic cases involving child support and custody litigation, spousal support and property division litigation as well as preparation of prenuptial agreements. He has the distinction of being Board Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in the practice of family law. Gene has also been recognized by his peers for excellence in family law and is listed in Best Lawyers in America and as an Ohio Super Lawyer in this area. In addition to his family law practice, Gene also advises clients on probate litigation including will contest, will interpretation, and estate claim litigation.
- Represented owners of closely held businesses and personal service providers in property division and spousal support in divorces involving medical practices, dental practices, periodontics practice, real estate developers (commercial, residential and high rise office building and governmental subsidized housing complex), real estate holding companies, manufacturing companies, construction companies, construction subcontracting companies, accounting practices/accountants, law practices, lobbying businesses.
- Negotiated dissolution agreements involving assets in excess of forty million dollars and structuring property division payments and stock option contracts valuations and buyouts.
- Represented spouses in tracing and retaining inherited, gifted and premarital/separate property claims.
- Represented parents in obtaining full custody of children and subsequent relocation of children outside the State of Ohio.
- Represented spouses in claims involving improper dissipation of marital assets and defending against financial misconduct claims.
- Represented obligors and obligees in post divorce modification and termination of child support and spousal support.
- Represented spouses in defending/enforcing antenuptial agreement and challenging antenuptial agreements.
- Drafted briefs and presented oral argument before the Ohio Supreme Court on division of state funded retirement plans.
Achievements and Awards
- AV Peer Review (Preeminent) Rated Martindale-Hubbell Rating Explanation
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Family Law
- Listed as an Ohio Super Lawyer, Family Law (2004-2005, 2007-2017)
Professional Memberships and Community Service
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Speeches and Publications
- Frequent lecturer in the area of divorce litigation, expert witnesses, divorce taxation and the preparation of domestic documents
- “Prenuptial Agreements: Not Just for the Rich and Famous”
- “Social Security Benefits Clarified by the Supreme Court,” co-authored with Jessica Mager, Columbus Bar Briefs, Spring, 2005
|Law Updates | News Releases | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|