JESSICA A. MAGER’s practice is focused in the family law area. She routinely represents clients in all aspects of domestic relations litigation, including complex divorce with an emphasis in child custody matters, establishment and enforcement of child and spousal support, establishment of paternity and general civil litigation. Jessica has been recognized by her peers for excellence as a Rising Star in the family law practice by Ohio Super Lawyers. In addition to Ohio, she is also licensed to practice in Federal Court in the Southern District of California. Jessica was also appointed to Taft's Gender Advancement Committee in 2017.
- Represented national business owner in divorce with significant separate property assets as well as joint marital assets.
- Represented parent in regaining custody of a child from an Emergency Ex Parte Custody Order.
- Represented a client’s former spouse in child support modification through trial, objections through final judgment.
- Represented small business owner in contested divorce and in contingency litigation initiated by lending institution for recovery of deficiency judgment against parties of divorce.
- Represented never married parents in establishment of shared parenting plan for child of the parties.
Achievements and Awards
- Capital University Law School Young Alumnus of the Year (2007)
- Listed as Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers (2007, 2009 – 2013)
- AV Peer Review Rating (Preeminent) by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Memberships and Community Service
- Columbus Bar Association
- Admissions Committee
- Family Law Committee
- Barrister Leadership Program
- Pro Bono Task Force – Recruitment/Publicity Subcommittee Chairwoman
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Genoa Township Parks Advisory Board, Member
- American Red Cross, Volunteer
- Delaware County Humane Society, Volunteer
- Pro Bono Attorney-Franklin County, National Adoption Day 2006, Legal Aid-Pro Se Civil Protection Order Project, Divorce Access Project, Eviction Clinic, Save the Dream Initiative
- St. Paul Catholic Church, Parishioner and Building Fund Member
- Alcott Elementary PTA - Committee Chair
- The Goddard School - Class Room Volunteer
Speeches and Publications
- Presenter and Coordinator: Columbus Bar Association CLE seminar, “It’s All About the Relocation: Attorney, GAL, and Judicial Roles," Nov. 4, 2016
- Presenter: Columbus Bar Association CLE seminar, "Family Law and the Military Child: Divorce, Custody and Visitation Issues," Nov. 11, 2015
- Actor in Training Materials: Chester Professionalism Institute, “Dealing with Problem Clients, Counsel & Judges: A Practical and Ethical Approach to Litigation,” Oct. 30, 2015
- Presenter and Coordinator: Columbus Bar Association CLE Seminar, "What Makes a Guardian Ad Litem Tick?" May 13, 2015
- Author: “Fear of Financial Hardship: How the Economy Impacts Divorce,” CWS Newsletter, Vol. 2, 2009. Also published in Columbus CEO, July 2009
- “Social Security Benefits Clarified by the Supreme Court,” co-authored with Eugene B. Lewis, Columbus Bar Briefs, Spring 2005
Other Professional Experience
- Attorney, Nazimova & Davis, San Diego, California, 2002 – 2005
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- Host Committee Member, National Center for Adoption Law & Policy, Autumn Wine Celebration, 2007 – 2012
- Staff Attorney, Child and Family Advocacy Program, funded by the Columbus Coalition Against Family Violence, 2001 – 2002
- Child Welfare Caseworker, Intake and Investigations, Franklin County Children Services, Columbus, Ohio, 1996-2001
|Law Updates | News Releases | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|