Roderick H. Willcox
RODERICK H. WILLCOX’s practice includes representing clients in all aspects of business and corporate law. He routinely advises all types of business entities with an emphasis on closely-held and family-owned businesses. He counsels clients on business succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, tax issues and related estate planning and wealth transfer planning. Rod also has an active practice handling all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
Prior to the merger with Taft, Rod served as Managing Partner for over twenty years for Chester Willcox & Saxbe. He is also actively engaged in the local community in a variety of service positions. He actively mentors the firm’s younger lawyers and guides the Columbus office’s Pro Bono Service Committee.
- Represented office building owner in refinancing and sale with 1031 exchange.
- Represented public corporation in merger.
- Represented shareholder in sale of multi-million dollar business.
- Created air rights condominium units over parking garage.
- Represents business owners in estate planning matters.
Achievements and Awards
- AV Peer Review (Preeminent) Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law & Trusts and Estates
Professional Memberships and Community Service
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section and Taxation Section
- Columbus Foundation Legal Advisory Committee, Former Chairman (2000 – 2005)
- Ohio Historical Society, Trustee
- Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board
|News Releases | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|