Kathy manages the marketing and business development efforts of the Cleveland office, a group of 55 attorneys. She also oversees the marketing and business development efforts for the Real Estate, Tax and Private Client practice groups across the firm's nine offices. From 2008-2015, she advanced the marketing growth for the firm's Litigation group.
In addition to her practice group responsibilities, Kathy manages the firm's Diversity and Inclusion strategic marketing and mentoring activities, working closely with the Chief Diversity Officer and the firm wide Diversity Committee.
Through a highly collaborative approach, Kathy’s responsibilities include:
- Implementing strategic business development efforts to support and enhance the brand positioning of Taft's Cleveland office.
- Managing new business opportunities, brand awareness activities, and budgets for practice groups across the Taft footprint.
- Developing responses to RFPs and preparing pitch materials and seminar presentations to showcase Taft’s attorneys and services.
- Strategizing sales and development approaches with partners and associates.
Joining Taft in 2008, Kathy's career continues to focus on service sector relationship-oriented industries. She served as vice president of marketing in the commercial and retail banking industry and was a marketing director for the supply chain practice at a Big Four accounting firm. Additionally, she served as a marketing and creative director at an international Fortune 500 logistics company.
- B.F.A., magna cum laude, The University of Akron
Present Community Activities
- Founder, Frances Dougherty Wilhelm Memorial Scholarship Fund, Sheffield/Sheffield Lake School System
- Women’s Leadership Council of Greater Cleveland
- Greater Cleveland Partnership