Kathryn Kovitz Arnold
KATHRYN KOVITZ ARNOLD is chair of the firm's Real Estate practice group and chair of its Condominium practice group. Kathryn has played a key role in shaping the landscape of many of Chicago’s most diverse neighborhoods and business communities. Kathryn has a wide-ranging real estate practice, focusing in the areas of real estate development, commercial and residential condominium development and conversion, mixed-use projects, restaurants, leasing, mixed-use high-rise development, vertical subdivisions and separations, and commercial financing (lender and borrower representation).
Her experience in real estate matters also includes the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, the negotiation of lease agreements, and negotiation of financing documentation for financial institutions and businesses, including representation of securitized lenders and serving as local counsel for out-of-state attorneys with respect to Illinois law matters.
Kathryn has been awarded an AV® Peer Review Rating (Preeminent) by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethical standards and legal ability, has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law from 2010-2017 and has been elected to Super Lawyers and Leading Lawyers.
Speeches and Publications
Kathryn is a regular invited presenter at seminars, addressing industry professionals on topics relating to real estate and condominium development and conversion. Kathryn has also drafted and consulted on new legislation and local ordinances regarding condominium law and administration. Kathryn is active with the Chicago Bar Association and served as Chair of its Condominium Subcommittee from 2002 through 2008. She speaks for the National Business Institute at Condominium Law seminars. Additionally, she is a guest lecturer at Kellogg School of Management and Illinois Institute of Technology.
Kathryn has handled numerous real estate projects, including:
- The New York Private Residences
- River City Private Residences and River City Marina
- The West Loop Lofts (10 property loftominium conversion)
- The Elm at Clark Private Residences
- Four Lakes Condominium Homes in Lisle, Illinois (multi-phase conversion)
- Superior West Private Residences
- 2000 North Lincoln Park West Private Residences
- Park Bloomingdale Condominium
- The Superior at LaSalle Private Residences
- 2625 North Clark Private Residences
- Ravenswood Town Center
- Superior 110 Condominiums
- James Place Private Residences
- Reciprocal easement agreement for The John Hancock building
- Midtown Crossing Condominiums
- Harper Court in Hyde Park
|In the News | News Releases | Subscribe|
|In the News|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|