Cara M. Johnson
CARA M. JOHNSON is an associate in Taft's Business & Finance Group. She focuses her practice on working with start-up and growth companies, including social enterprises and sustainable businesses, and representing companies and private equity sponsors in a variety of M&A transactions. Since joining Taft in 2013, Cara has worked extensively in the middle market private equity and venture capital space and has experience working with a variety of deal structures in multiple industries. She has represented some of Indiana's first benefit corporations and hopes to help grow Indiana’s socially responsible business and impact investment community.
Cara earned her J.D., cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law and her B.A. in Spanish, magna cum laude, from Valparaiso University, where she co-led a group of undergraduate students in authoring a Corporate Sustainability Report pursuant to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) metrics. She serves as president of the Young Professionals of Central Indiana's board of directors.
- ESG Policies in Private Equity and 4 Reasons to Implement Them
- SEC Audits of PE Firms: 3 Must Dos
- Taxation of Private Equity and the 2016 Presidential Election
- New Risk of Private Equity Fund Withdrawal Liability or Other Liability from Portfolio Company Pension Plans
- The VCOC Exemption and Initial Fund Investments
- Agreements to Negotiate in Good Faith and the Risks in Delaware
|News Releases | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|