JEREMY STONEHILL concentrates his practice in corporate and securities matters, with special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, and federal securities law compliance. Jeremy is experienced in negotiating and drafting merger and asset purchase agreements and corporate governance documents as well as preparing, reviewing and filing Security Act reports and Exchange Act reports.
Jeremy received his B.B.A in Accounting from the University of Michigan. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University of Chicago where he was the Editor-at-Large of the Loyola Chicago Law Review.
Speeches & Publications
- “Sale of Stock,” Business Law Series Vol. IV: Mergers and Acquisitions, 2008 Supplement (IICLE, 2008) (with co-author James R. Asmussen).
- Prepared and assisted in the negotiation and documentation of private placement and private equity investments of approximately $15 million in the aggregate in multiple private companies, including finding from EB-5 investors.
- Prepared and negotiated $26 million in mezzanine financing on behalf of an Illinois gaming client.
- Prepared and negotiated multiple asset purchase and stock purchase agreements for Illinois video gaming clients.
- Represented a public employees pension fund in the negotiation and preparation of multiple Investment Management Agreements and Subscription Documents with respect to the investment and management of an aggregate of approximately $200 million made by the pension fund.
- Prepared and advised on investment and ownership documentation for a $35 million investment in a newly-licensed, land-based casino in Iowa.
- Prepared and advised on a $100 million tender offer of a privately held company.
- Assisted in the negotiation and preparation of a corporate restructuring of a $100 million private company.
- Negotiated and prepared purchase and sale documents for Dunkin’ Donuts franchisor owning multiple locations.
- Assisted in the negotiation and preparation of an FBO airport facilities sale.
- Represented numerous clients in large-scale acquisition of amusement route operators and in capital raising efforts.
- Assisted a securities lending and investing firm in structuring loan transactions and developing a loan program with respect to restricted stock.
- Assisted a leading e-tailer with its $132 million initial public offering of common stock and listing on the Nasdaq Global Market.
- Assisted in securing $9 million of PIPE financing for reporting company client.
- Assisted in securing $19 million of PIPE financing for Capital Growth Systems, Inc.
- Represented a media arts school in the formation, capitalization, and certification process.
- Prepared $400 million revolving credit facility for publicly traded company.
- Assisted in securing $26.5 million of PIPE financing for Think Partnership, Inc.
- Managed the process enabling a publicly traded company to get listed on the American Stock Exchange.
- Took publicly traded reporting company private via reverse stock split and issuer tender offer.
- Managed the outsourcing process of the operation and maintenance of Chicago-owned materials recycling and recovery facilities.
|Law Updates | In the News | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|
|In the News|
|View All | Top »|