Richard graduated with his J.D. from the Northwestern University School of Law in 2011 where he served as the Book Review Editor and Senior Articles Editor for the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology and was a member of the National Cultural Heritage Law Moot team, in addition to making the Dean's List. During law school Richard also served as a Judicial Extern to the then-Honorable Chief Judge Rudolph Randa of the United States District Court of Eastern Wisconsin and as a law clerk to the United States Department of Justice, Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices.
Richard has been honored as a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers in 2016 - 2017.
- "Keep Your Workers Yearning to Continue Learning," Workforce.com, January 13, 2016
- "Read Up on Retirement Plans," Workforce.com, October 22, 2015
- "Shareholder Inspection Rights: The Difference Between Illinois and Delaware," Chicago Bar Association Record, April-May 2015 (with co-author Daniel R. Saeedi)
- "Smarter Recruiting, Smarter Technology," Workforce.com, April 23, 2015
- "Ripping off the Corporate Veil: The Buckley Court's Implications for Non-shareholders and Non-title holders," Illinois State Bar Association Business & Securities Law Forum Newsletter, April 2015 (with co-author Daniel R. Saeedi)
- "Matter of Life or Death or Disability," Workforce.com, February 26, 2015 (with co-author Cary L. Donham).
- "401(k) Plans: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility," Workforce.com, October 27, 2014 (with co-author Rachel Schaller).
- “Sometimes It’s Not All About the Benjamins,” Workforce.com, October 24, 2014 (with co-author Rachel Schaller).
- “New Rules for Discovery of Electronically Stored Information,” Illinois Bar Journal, Vol. 102, No. 2, October 2014 (with co-authors Gabriel Reilly-Bates and Claire Brennan).
- “Temps Can Cause Legal Headaches,” Workforce Magazine, October 2014 (with co-author Rachel Schaller).
- “Avoiding the ‘Bermuda Triangle’ of Employment Law,” Workforce Magazine, March 2014 (with co-author Heather A. Jackson).
- “The Legal Traps of Recruiting, Hiring,” Workforce Magazine, February 2014 (with co-authors Cary L. Donham and Heather A. Jackson).
- “Train Your Staff on Complaints,” Workforce Magazine, January 2014 (with co-authors Cary L. Donham and Rachel L. Schaller).
- “Delivering Holiday Bonuses? Remember These Rules,” Workforce Magazine, December 2013 (with co-author Rachel L. Schaller).
- Awesome Hand Services, LLC v. Fire Bar Incorporated, Case No. 16 CH 07920 – successfully obtained a temporary restraining order against an establishment on an agreement for future video gaming operations executed before the Illinois Video Gaming Act’s passage.
- Triple 7 Illinois, LLC v. Gaming & Entertainment Management – Illinois, LLC, 2013 IL App (3d) 120860, appeal denied (Nov. 27, 2013) – in this leading gaming case, successfully represented the defendant in the denial of certification by the Illinois Supreme Court.
- Sembs, Inc. v. Gaming & Entertainment Management – Illinois, LLC, et. al., Case No. 118030, appeal denied (Sept. 24, 2014) – successfully represented the defendant in the denial of certification by the Illinois Supreme Court.
- Illinois Coin Machine Operators Association, et. al. v. The County of Cook, et. al., Case No. 13 L 050995 – successfully defeated a motion to dismiss and continuing to challenge the Cook County Gambling Machine Tax’s constitutionality.
- Represents numerous terminal operators in litigation across the state arising in the video gaming industry and under the Illinois Video Gaming Act, procuring injunctive and declaratory relief.
- Represents public utility company on compliance matters in municipal administrative hearings.
- Represents the City of Chicago on matters before the human resources board.
- Represents physicians before the Illinois Department of Health and Family Services.
- Represents families in trust and loan matters, procuring judgments in excess of $1.5 million.
|In the News | News Releases | Upcoming Events | Subscribe|
|In the News|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|