John M. Riccione
JOHN M. RICCIONE is a partner in the firm's Litigation practice. His practice involves the representation of businesses in a wide array of complex commercial disputes, including real estate, construction claims, trade secrets, computer fraud and abuse, UCC warranties and remedies, and labor and employment.
John has been named an Illinois Super Lawyer since 2005 and nominated by a Fortune 1000 client to BTI's Client Service All-Star Team, an honor extended to only 70 lawyers nationwide. He is a frequent speaker on the topics of alternative fee arrangements, non-compete agreements, commission disputes and Uniform Commercial Code warranties and remedies, to various trade and bar associations and client groups.
- Resolving by enjoining unfair competitive action by former employee who stole electronic trade secrets.
- Prevailing on summary judgment, which was affirmed on appeal, in complex creditor’s rights battle.
- Succeeding in resolving trade secret theft case after perpetrators took files and resigned en masse to start a competing company.
- Obtaining a complete solution in defective product case involving tubing used in the refrigeration industry.
- Strategically forcing manufacturer to pay earned post-termination commissions to sales organization.
- Defending Proposition 65 actions relating to allegedly violative products in California.
- Negotiating multi-year collective bargaining agreement with labor union on behalf of eight contractors in the metal polishing and re-finishing business.
- Successfully trying a case for defective goods against a label manufacturer brought by an advertisement corporation.
- Maintaining a perfect record of obtaining agency dismissals of discrimination charges on behalf of a temporary labor service company.
- Negotiating the resolution of litigation on behalf of a stainless steel pool contractor with the owner of the sixth largest building in the world.
- Using an alternative fee arrangement to better align the interests of the firm and its client, a public company, to deliver a favorable result after initiating litigation on behalf of the client against a national consulting firm over an enterprise resource planning system.
- Obtaining successful resolution of Fair Labor Standards and wage and hour claims on behalf of a commercial janitorial company in North Carolina.
- Obtaining judgment in arbitration in Ohio against cooperative on supply agreements on behalf of public company.
- Successfully resisting an injunction in Texas at trial on behalf of an independent sales organization against a manufacturer of orthopedic devices.
- Attaining a speedy and successful conclusion to dispute arising out of a factory's intrastate move in Tennessee.
Speeches and Publications
- "What is Your Agreement’s TERM - Can You Be Terminated Today For No Reason?" Agency Sales Magazine, December 2016
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar, “UCC Warranties & Remedies,” August 2016.
- WEBINAR: “Billable Hour No More? Increased Use of Alternative Fee Arrangements (AFAs) in Litigation in 2016 and Beyond,” The Knowledge Group, February 1, 2016.
- WEBINAR: “UCC Battle of the Forms: Confronting Conflicting Terms in Purchase Orders, Invoices and Related Documents" Strafford, Nov. 18, 2015.
- "Home-Field Advantage," Agency Sales Magazine, September 2015.
- Socialnomics - Interview concerning free speech protections for social media postings, December 2014.
- Mealey's Litigation Report - Whistleblower Protection Extended to Outside Contractors, April 2014.
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar, “Drafting, Negotiating and Litigating Warranties In Contracts For The Sale Of Goods: Considerations Under The UCC Article 2”, August 2013, May 2014.
- WEBINAR: "Dress to Impress: Practical Tips to Obtain Traditional Bank Financing," October 2012.
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar, “Arbitration v. Litigation, A True Hobson's Choice”, July 2012.
- Austin School Career Day Presenter, November 2011.
- Ark Group/Managing Partner Magazine’s national forum, “Alternative Fee Arrangements – Where Do We Stand Today?”, June 2010.
- Claims Association of Greater Chicago's Spring Seminar, “Operating in Financial Hard Times – Controlling Costs in Claims”, April 2010.
- Ark Group/Managing Partner Magazine’s national forum, “Alternative Fee Arrangements – From Theory to Practice”, March 2010.
- WEBINAR: Using Alternative Billing to Predict & Control Your Legal Spend, October 2009.
- Manufacturers Agents National Association (MANA) Attorney Forum, January 2009.
|In the News | News Releases | Upcoming Events | Subscribe|
|In the News|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|
|View All | Top »|