Beth A. O'Mahoney
Beth manages the marketing and business development activities of Taft’s Chicago office, which includes more than 80 attorneys and professionals. Among other duties, she:
- Supports the Health & Life Sciences, Technology, Higher Education and Intellectual Property practice groups.
- Oversees the marketing budgets for the Chicago office and assigned practice groups.
- Advances the firm’s strategic business development initiatives, including identifying sponsorship opportunities.
- Works closely with attorneys to create targeted marketing materials and proposal responses.
- Writes "The Buzz," an internal newsletter focused on attorney business development.
- Leverages social media and other business development tools to cultivate relationships.
Prior to joining Taft, Beth worked at a mid-sized IP boutique and an AmLaw 100 firm in various positions involving business development, communications, marketing and public relations. She started her career in state government at the Illinois Department of Central Management Services, where she worked closely with agencies purchasing telecommunications and data services and marketed the products and services offered to the agencies. Beth was instrumental in creating some of the first internal/external websites at the agency and drafting marketing materials for the launch and promotion of the Illinois Century Network, a statewide data network that connects more than 8,000 sites throughout Illinois.
Beth is the president-elect of the Junior League of Kane & DuPage Counties, Inc., a group committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. She is also a member of the Legal Marketing Association Midwest Local Steering Committee focusing on membership engagement.
- Moderated panel discussion "Building and Nurturing a World-Class Website: Tales From the Trenches," for the Legal Marketing Association Chicago chapter, Nov. 5, 2015.
- "Using Social Media in Your Practice," Brinks Gilson & Lione internal GPS training Program, November 2011.