Adrian D. Thompson
Adrian serves as Taft’s Chief Diversity Officer. In this role, he leads the firm’s commitment and strategy regarding diversity and inclusion across Taft’s eight offices and throughout the communities that we serve. Adrian also develops and oversees the implementation of policies and programs designed to recruit, retain and support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
With the help of attorneys and senior staff members, Adrian’s areas of responsibility include:
- Creating a culture of inclusion.
- Articulating, promoting and reinforcing Taft’s business case for diversity.
- Identifying and addressing the regional diversity issues across our offices and in the markets that we serve.
- Facilitating the recruitment, retention and promotion of women and diverse lawyers.
- Serving as a resource, mentor and advisor to Taft leadership teams and to diverse attorneys and staff members.
- Identifying diversity best practices in the legal profession and implementing those practices across Taft.
- Participating in professional organizations and networks that promote diversity and inclusion.
In addition to his role as Chief Diversity Officer, Adrian is also a successful partner with a solid record of performance over his many years at Taft. He provides counsel for private sector clients on issues including equal employment opportunity litigation, wage-hour problems, employment of the disabled, federal housing and other labor matters. Adrian also represents school districts in contract negotiations, grievance arbitration, litigation, education of the disabled and employment discrimination matters.
- Served as Chief Legal Counsel for the Cleveland Metropolitan School District for eight years
- President Emeritus of the Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer's Association - Cleveland Area Chapter
|News Releases | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|