James D. Shanahan
JAMES D. ("Jimmy") SHANAHAN has joined Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP as a partner in the Real Estate group, effective May 2, 2016.
Jimmy has been practicing in the area of municipal finance since 2009 and serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bank counsel, issuer counsel, disclosure counsel and special counsel for a range of transactions. He has worked on both short-term and long-term tax-exempt and taxable financings and has experience working on financings for schools, towns, counties, wastewater reclamation districts, water and sanitary districts, and park districts.
In addition, Jimmy has worked on financings for the Indiana Bond Bank, the Indiana Finance Authority, the state of Illinois, the city of Chicago and the Illinois Finance Authority and has appeared before the Indiana Tax Court and the Distressed Unit Appeals Board. He has also counseled clients through IRS and SEC inquiries, and he often provides guidance to clients on tax levy and construction referenda. Jimmy's practice covers the states of Illinois and Indiana.
- "School Construction Finance," Ball State University – EDAD 688 School Facilities, June 11, 2015.
- "Mardi Gras 2015: A Celebration of School Finance," IASBO Region 9 Meeting, Feb. 20, 2015.
- "Cornucopia of Public Finance," IASBO Region 1 Meeting, Nov. 19, 2014.
- "Capital Needs in Current Legislative and Political Climate," Wabash Valley Educational Service Center, Oct. 16, 2014, Workshop.
- "Opportunities in Debt & Capital Markets Financing," 2015 CDFA Illinois Financing Roundtable Conference – Development Finance Best Practices: Programs & Tools that Work, Chicago, Ill., May 2014.
- "Leveraging Assets, Maximizing Resources and Building the Illinois Economy," 2014 CDFA Illinois Financing Roundtable Conference – Illinois Infrastructure Imperative, Chicago, Ill., May 2014.
- "Successful Bond Financing Strategies in the State," 2013 CDFA Illinois Financing Roundtable Conference – Maximizing Development Finance in the Prairie State, Chicago, Ill., May 2013.
- "Overview of Municipal Finance," Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum Seminar – Municipal Public Finance, Indianapolis, Ind., May 2012.
- "Illinois School Finance: The Referendum," Governor’s State University (Administrators’ Academy No. 682) – Planning a Successful School District Referendum, Frankfort, Ill., Oct. 1, 2010.
|News Releases | Subscribe|
|View All | Top »|