May 19, 2015
Presented By: ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
Type of Event: Webinar
Duration: 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Speakers: Julia B. Meister
Taft partner Julia B. Meister will be a panelist in the American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law CLE webinar “Silver Hair and Fighting Heirs: Contested Guardianships,” which will take place on May 19. The program will survey national trends and new developments in contested guardianships and other pre-death events that impact the assets and care of the incapacitated, as well as their estates at death.
Discussion topics will include:
- Multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Adult guardianships and the Protective Proceeding Act.
- Role of guardianship in caring for persons with mental illness.
- Civil commitment.
- Capacity determinations.
- Guardianship appointments.
- Alternatives to guardianships.
Click here for more information or to register for the webinar.