Duration: 7:30-10:00 a.m.
Location: Hope Hotel & Conference Center
10823 Childaw Road
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433
Speakers: Barbara A. Duncombe and Suzanne Sumner
2016 Taft Government Contracts Seminar: Employment Rules Have Changed and What Contractors Should Do to Prepare
President Obama's executive orders have been changing the compliance requirements for federal contractors through new equal pay reporting, a higher minimum wage rate, disclosure of years-old wage and worker safety violations and new anti-discrimination measures, to name a few. Requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Davis Bacon Act and the Service Contract Act are also changing. The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), the part of the Department of Labor charged with enforcing these compliance obligations, has increased its number of investigators, ramped up its operations and intensified its audit protocols. Now is the time to make sure you understand your new obligations to avoid possible adverse (and expensive) consequences.
Please join Taft partners Barbara A. Duncombe and Suzanne Sumner for a discussion of the following new executive orders aimed at federal contractors:
- The Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces executive order that requires contracting officers to consider the labor compliance record of contractors prior to making an award.
- The DOL’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance new “equal pay report” requirement.
- A new minimum wage for employees working on contracts covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act, Service Contract Act and the Davis-Bacon Act.
- A new prohibition on discriminating against employees based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
- A new executive order mandating sick leave for contractor employees.
Registration & Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Seminar: 8:00-10:00 a.m.
Who should attend: Anyone who works with or receives federal funding through contracts, subcontracts or grants.
Cost to attend: The cost to attend is $35, or $25 for government employees, payable by credit card or check on the morning of the seminar. Checks should be made payable to “Taft.” There is no cost to attend for Taft clients.
Registration: Please click the link above to register.
Questions? Contact Nicolette M. Jones at (937) 641-2042 or email@example.com.