By virtue of Israel's entrepreneurial culture and close ties to America, Israeli emerging growth companies have a strong presence in the United States. More Israeli companies are listed on NASDAQ than those of any other country outside North America and, after the U.S., are second only to Canadian companies.
Since 1993, the average size of the leading Israeli venture capital fund jumped from $20 million in 1993 to more than $250 million today. Israel is one of the world's largest recipients of venture capital financing.
Israel has become fertile ground for emerging growth companies and technology start-ups due to Israel's entrepreneurial culture, favorable government programs and incentives, and highly educated workforce.
Taft has been in front of the curve, counseling Israeli start-up companies engaged in the development of technological innovation with global application in areas of medical technology, medical instruments, computer software and hardware, IT and life sciences, including medical devices, biotechnology and biosoftware. Our services to these Israeli companies include:
- Establishing U.S. affiliates to access U.S. capital markets, North American customers and North American suppliers.
- Counseling companies with respect to all aspects of the capital formation and venture capital process.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on general corporate, governance, litigation and employment matters.
- Formulating and implementing U.S. and international business operations, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
Our clients benefit from our relationships and experience in the North American and Israeli technology and venture capital communities. Similarly, our understanding of Israeli business and the technology market, as well as regulations of the Office of the Chief Scientist, contribute greatly to the business success of our Israeli clients.